Monday, March 9, 2009

Sick again!?!?

I cannot emphasize enough how ready we are for cold and flu season to be over this year. Anna came down in a pretty nasty cold on Friday night after being a really fun and energetic toddler during the daytime and evening. She developed a really troublesome cough and a nice, high fever on Saturday before the fever finally broke on Saturday evening.

Since then, her cough has been preventing her (and the rest of the family) from sleeping very well and from doing much that is outside of our house. She and I finally managed to get out this morning to go to the grocery store, but that may be it for awhile. Even though she's been fever free for a few days, the cough is just too much to push her into things too fast. We'll just have to wait and see how the rest of the week goes.

Anyway, it turned out to be a nice weekend to be cooped up indoors as a family. It rained and/or snowed most of the weekend so we didn't miss much outside. Plus, we picked up a few Elmo videos from the library on Saturday morning and watched way too much Elmo's World over our 48 hour quarantine ;) I think Anna might go through Elmo withdrawal today ...

Hopefully neither Matt nor I get what Anna has/had. So far I seem to be in the clear, but Matt seems to be more succeptible to her germs than I do ... go figure! Maybe all those colds I'd get while I was teaching are finally paying off :)

No comments: