
Kate is, of course, growing like a weed, too, but that's more typical for her. She's well into 6 month clothes and some of those are even getting a bit snug. It's hard for me to remember sometimes that she's only 5 months old! But she found her feet a few weeks back and that's fun for everyone!
Last week was a pretty low key kind of week, with just our normal stuff. I don't remember too many of the details, though, because Kate gave us a few rough nights. We have no idea why, but every few nights she wakes up at about 3 or 4 and just wants to be up to play for a bit. Oh, well. I'm sure it will all work out someday ... Matt and I joke that Anna's "witching hour" is around 7 p.m. when we're getting her ready for bed whereas it looks like Kate's "witching hour" is around 3 a.m. Hmmm.

We've still been trying to be outside as much as we can before things get too cold. We were blessed last week with a couple of sunny days in which to just goof off around the yard. Anna got a kick out of running laps around the front yard and giving neighbor John some really silly smiles each time she passed him.
One noteable event, at least for Anna, from last week was Bible Study on Thursday. She's certainly come a long way in terms of being comfortable in the nursery with whoever is scheduled for that day. Last year she'd cry almost every time anyone left the room; this year she just wants me to make sure she is set up first. Except for last week ..
It turns out that the yearly check for the church's fire alarms was scheduled for Thursday. I had no idea until they went off the first time. I went into the nursery to check on Anna since I know she's pretty sensitive to loud sounds and sure enough, she had her hands over her ears and was crying. I got her settled back in to read some books with "Grandma Carol", but when I took Kate in (she was getting louder than the discussion) about 15 minutes later, Anna was still sitting on Carol's lap with her ears covered.
So ... Anna spent the rest of the Bible Study on my lap with the rest of the ladies saying "I want to go home." Unfortunately, the alarm went off one more time before the guys finally left. This whole event was a major topic of conversation for Anna for the next few days ... we finally had Anna help us test the smoke detectors in our house on Saturday morning to try and help her get over the whole thing (thanks for the suggestion, Mom!). I'm sure we'll still talk about the fire alarms and how they "make our ears hurt" the next several times we go to church, but at least it's not as scary anymore.
We had a few extra minutes before we left for church on Sunday, so I was trying to get a picture of both girls together ... not very successfully. Kate was actually more cooperative than Anna about the whole thing :)
No comments:
Post a Comment