On a brighter side, Kate is such a babbler right now. Sure, she still will screech just for the fun of it, but now we're hearing lots of consonants, too. Her favorite sounds to make are da, ma, ta, goo, and ah. We're not completely sure, but we think she'll imitate some sounds/words, too. I've caught her a few times repeating "ah da" after I've said "All done."
Anna, of course, continues to brighten up our lives, too. One of her favorite things to say lately is "I yuv (love) you SO much." Very sweet. However, I think she's only said it to me once or twice. Matt's gotten the love a few more times, Kate many more, but inanimate objects like her blanket, stuffed animals, toys, and even Shadow get the love more often than us :)

A highlight for Anna-Banana this past weekend was that she got to have dinner on Sunday night with Matt at his work. We'd been holding out "lunch with Daddy at work" as the ultimate prize for pooping on the potty (she needed to have three poops on the potty to earn this one). Well, the third number two came on Sunday afternoon, but Matt wasn't going to be able to do lunch with her on Monday, so they did dinner last night instead. Since it was such a motivator for Anna, we're going to try it again, but this time she needs four poops on the potty. This whole poop-training has been harder than it seemed at first ...
On a different note, I was just thinking the other day how we had gone for close to a month without any colds for anyone in the house. It seems that whenever that thought crosses my mind, someone gets sick. Sure enough, Anna's got a cold again ... nothing major, but still. I hope the rest of us stay healthy!
No comments:
Post a Comment