First, I had a bit of a cold in the middle of the week last week while Matt was just feeling generally under the weather. Then Anna woke up with a croup-like cough on Friday morning; nothing really bad, just the cough. Then on Friday afternoon I came down with a bad fever; it was short-lived, but high and very uncomfortable. Saturday morning I was feeling much better (thanks to Matt taking care of the girls on Friday night so I could stay in bed), but by 8 a.m. Anna had thrown up her breakfast. We'd kind of been expecting the stomach flu since it had been going around at church.
Matt, who was still feeling under the weather, and Anna crashed for most of Saturday watching TV or playing games and then again on Sunday. Anna is over the stomach bug, but now still has the cough/cold she started with while Matt has a real cold this week. So in the course of a week, we're pretty sure there were/are at least three sets of viruses in our home ... :(Surprisingly, Kate has weathered all of the germs without too many noticable symptoms; hopefully she stays healthy! I'll be really surprised, however, if she doesn't get sick at all.

So our Valentine's Day wasn't too spectacular. I made some heart shaped pancakes for anyone who wanted to eat them and we passed cards around; the girls also got a special balloon to share. Kate and I went to worship just the two of us while Matt and Anna watched the second half of Mary Poppins. Pretty low key, if you ask me.
Actually, Kate and I got to spend quite a bit of quality time together this weekend while Matt and Anna were feeling sick. Not only did we go to church together, but we also ran some errands on Saturday, took a walk around the neighborhood, and played a lot just the two of us. It was kind of fun to do those things just with Kate :)
Speaking of Kate, this kid is going to be walking before she turns one. Not only will she cruise around on the furniture, pull herself up on anything and everything, and tranfer from object to object, but she has started pushing toys around in the basement. It is certainly fun for her, but also a little intimidating for the rest of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment