Saturday, November 27, 2010

Feeling Thankful

I can't remember the last time that I expressed my thanks on this blog for being able to stay home with Anna and Kate. It's an amazing gift to be able to be a part of their lives every day, all day. Matt and I are both thankful that our lives have taken this path.

In the past few weeks we've finally made the successful transition to being inside most of the time. I rediscovered the art of rotating toys and both girls rediscovered the art of playing with inside toys for extended periods of time. Anna and I have been doing different crafty projects together and we've also been making the most of our different activities. For example, we are now in a weekly check-out routine at the library. Each week at story time, I return last weeks books and find another stack.


We're also taking advantage of some of the McFarland School's early learning opportunities. Not only do they offer weekly playgroups at the elementary school, but they also offer Destination Discovery on Fridays during the schoolyear. Last week was our first one ... Off To The Zoo. The kids play, listen to some stories, sing some songs, and do a craft. We extended the zoo theme by visiting the zoo in the afternoon. Late afternoon in fall is a great time to go! It wasn't too cold and we were practically the only ones at the zoo. The animals all seemed very pleased to have some visitors :)

The day before Thanksgiving this week, we drove over to Milwaukee to see Gretchen, Josh, and baby Alex. We had a nice time, but Josh and Anna needed a lot of direction in how to play together ...


And finally, we stayed home for Thanksgiving this year. Matt has been working a lot lately and so it was a much enjoyed blessing for us to have the entire day with him. We went to church in the morning (where Anna got to help Pastor out during the children's message; our pastor has such a special place in Anna's life right now) and then spent the afternoon preparing our Thanksgiving dinner. No turkey for us this year, but stuffed pork loin, sweet potatoes, twice baked potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberries, and pumpkin cake ... yum!

No comments: