
Kate's birthday was great yesterday. We'd been coaching her for a few days about her birthday coming up and that she'd be turning two, and I think she really understood what was going on ... at least she knew that a birthday was pretty special and that the day was all about her :)
She started her day with the family singing Happy Birthday and finding some 2's before having her birthday muffin. Then she opened her present from us and one from Anna before we left the house for a busy morning (grocrey store, Kindermusik, and a picnic lunch at a park with some of Anna's classmates). During Kate's music class, her teacher always announces birthdays so we can sing to the kids. Miss Debbie almost forgot Kate's! One of Kate's classmates had a birthday over the weekend so when Debbie said we were going to sing happy birthday to Isaac, Kate yelled out "I have a birthday, too!" Luckily, Miss Debbie heard and understood Kate so we got to sing to both kids.
Kate fell asleep on the way home and Anna curled up in bed and fell asleep (she's still take a nap once or twice a week) while I unpacked the van.

In the late afternoon, some of Kate's "friends" (okay, Carson and Lukas are really the younger brothers of Anna's friends, but I guess that's what happens when you're the younger sister) came over for pizza, playing, and cupcakes. The weather cooperated and we all had a great time.

Matt and I successfully got the girls settled down after an exciting evening and they both went to bed only a little late :)
Prior to Kate's birthday celebration, we've had a nice time lately. My mom came into Madison on Saturday for a Mother/Daughter brunch and then to babysit for the afternoon and evening so Matt and I could spend some time together just running errands before a grown-up dinner with church friends.
Friday was a pretty overcast and crummy day so Tina and I took our kids to Bouncy Town in the morning. We'd only ever been their for a birthday party last fall and both girls had enjoyed it at the time, but this Friday was much more fun.

I don't think I've ever seen Anna have quite so much fun just running and bouncing and tumbling. She, not surprisingly, took a nap on Friday afternoon :) Kate had a blast, too. Even though she wasn't quite as energetic as Anna, she was definitely a brave almost-two-year-old and climbed up all of the ladders to slide down the slides.

Before Friday, we had almost a whole week of summer like weather. Warm temperatures, lots of outside time, even a few thunderstorms. After the sprinkler fun on Tuesday, Anna also got to play in a friend's sprinkler during an afternoon playdate on Thursday. It's amazing in WI that we can go from weather like that on Thursday to lows in the 30s this week ... At least now we know that the cold weather snaps aren't here to stay :)
The girls are sleeping in a bit this morning (which is a very good thing, after yesterday) but I'm guessing we might have some struggles this morning when Kate realized that her birthday only comes once a year.
No comments:
Post a Comment