Unfortunately, it coincided with a nasty migraine for Mommy (stupid weather change!) and then a short, but intense, bout with the flu for me, too. Yuck! Between those two Mommy events, though, I was able to get outside and play in the snow with both girls.
Then Matt got them outside for a bit on Friday while I was laid up in bed. Saturday we finally all got out together for some fun time as well.A fair bit of the snow melted yesterday, but that meant the girls and I were able to build a snowman with the slushy snow. Then today we got another few inches so were back out in the afternoon to play again.

As for sickness, I'm all better after sleeping most of Friday. Kate somehow managed to get a cold out of the deal, but no one else has gotten the fever. Thank goodness! Matt and I gained a deeper appreciation for each other after he was a single parent for some of Thursday and all of Friday :)
Prior to the snow coming down, we had a few amazing January days in the 50s! In the course of a week, I think we visited our favorite park three different times :)
The tree guys finished things off, too, and Matt was hard at work (with a little help from me) trying to move the "smaller" chunks of wood behind the garden shed to be split at a later date and dried for firewood.


Four truckloads have been moved, but much remains ...
No comments:
Post a Comment