Thursday afternoon my mom stopped by on her way through town and then after picking Anna up from Safety Town on Friday, she took the girls up to their place for the weekend. Woohoo! Matt and I were blessed to have our second kid free weekend and were reminded of just how much we can get accomplished without the girls around :) Our activities included some quality garden time for me during which I finally was able to clean things up a bit out there, a bike ride into town for some ice cream, watching a movie, harvesting beans, weeding the perennial patch, refinishing the picnic table, cleaning the house, taking a nap (me!), going to church just us, and going out to dinner. Crazy, but the best part was being able to do it all together, and not have to tag team wit who was keeping an eye on the kids :)
The girls had a great time, too. They picked blueberries and blackberries in the woods, played inside and outside, went to the Eau Claire Children's Museum, played at a beach, went to worship with the grandparents, picked blueberries at Gary's Berries, went for Kubota rides, read lots and lots of books, went kayaking with Grandma, went fishing with Grandpa, and making treats for the birds with Grandma.
I went up to join the girls on Sunday and then stayed until Tuesday to give Matt some alone time at home, too. Since we've been back, I've been battling what I hope to be my last big migraine of this pregnancy. It was a pretty uncomfortable one that lasted longer than I had anticipated or hoped.
The exciting weather news as of late here is that our grass is green again! We finally got some rain last Wednesday (Anna and Kate were SO excited), and then got more over the weekend and every night for three nights. Unfortunately that also means that we'll have to start mowing the lawn again. Oh, well. Even though we're still technically in a severe drought, it just doesn't feel as bad after a week of rain :)
![]() |
| After about two months without rain, we had to take a picture of the first storm coming in. Notice the brown and crispy grass! |






No comments:
Post a Comment