Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wishful Thinking

I suppose it was wishful thinking to think that Kate's cold wouldn't spread, or that I would continue my run of not getting sick this winter.  Alas, Kate, Ethan, and I appear to be trading viruses back and forth these days.  Thankfully, none of them are too bad, and certainly not as bad as the one that went through the kids in January, but it's a pain nonetheless.

I suppose it is also wishful thinking to hope that spring is just around the corner.  This winter seems to be lasting forever.  The few days that I've had a chance to get outdoors with one or both girls (or by myself!) have been great and I've felt much better for the rest of the day because of it.  However, it's just been SO cold that I don't feel comfortable taking Ethan outside for more than the walk to the garage to get in the van.  I guess Jimmy the Groundhog was wrong this year.  We'll just have to keep trying to enjoy the cold wintery weather for awhile yet


Valentine's Day was nice here for us.  We all exchanged cards in the morning and had heart pizzas for dinner and pumpkin cake (frosted with pink cream cheese frosting) for dessert.  Anna was excited to open up all of her valentines from school and she did a nice job of sharing some of the treats with Kate.

Our weekend was pretty low-key.  We were able to do a bit of cleaning on Saturday, although you can't really tell now :)

I guess for the most part we're just plugging along.  I need to do a better job of jotting down the silly moments and sayings over the course of the week so that I can remember to write them down here.  I'm sure we had some this past week, but I can't think of them right now.  Oh, well.  Maybe it's my cold, or the cold outside.


At least two of our three children are happy and smiling most days (Kate's the one who's been giving us grief lately).  Often we even get all three kiddos in cheerful moods :)

No comments: