Monday, March 4, 2013

Stories to remember

I've been keeping a running list the last few weeks of things Matt and I want to remember about this stage of our life.  Here it goes ...

Anna and Kate think everything tastes better with butter and brown sugar.  The other day Anna suggested those additions to some popcorn we made as a snack and it was delicious :)

One morning while Kate was sitting on the toilet, she said her feet were going to sleep.  She looked down and said "See, their eyes are closed."  Sure enough, her footie pajamas had bunnies on the feet and their eyes were closed.

A Saturday morning activity a few weeks back was to decorate Ethan with stickers.


I've given up on the long-sleeve battle with Kate.  No matter the temperature outside, she insists on short sleeves.  She claims that if she wears long sleeves it will make her fall asleep (huh?).

A few weeks ago Ethan gave me the sweetest coos and smiles right before I'd put him down for a nap or in the morning when he was supposed to be eating.  It seems like he already knows that these are the special "Ethan-Mommy" times and so he wants to make sure he makes the most of them :)

Who needs toys when you have a big box to play in?


Our girls have an uncanny ability to know when a book is being read out loud anywhere in our house.  As soon as Matt or I start reading to Ethan or one of the girls, their "book sense" starts tingling, they stop what they are doing, and flock to wherever we are to listen to the rest of the story.

Ethan LOVES his mobile right now.  If I need 5-10 minutes to get ready to leave the house or to stall him before a nap, it almost never fails to lay him in his crib and turn the mobile on.  As with Kate when she was an infant, we call the animals on the mobile his "friends".

Last week Anna confided to me that her container of strawberries spilled right at the beginning of her lunch period.  She said her friend, Lauren, went to get a teacher right away and they all worked together to clean it up.  I asked Anna if she was upset about this and her reply was "Mom, I'm in Kindergarten now.  I can handle it when those kinds of things happen!"

And since I failed to note it last week, Ethan is three months old and officially out of the fourth trimester!  Hooray!  I had a rough time getting a clear picture of him smiling so here are a couple that might show how he's growing and changing.  And yes, he has the big Mischnick baby cheeks and multiple chins.


No comments: