Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Birthday Party!

Sunday afternoon we hosted Kate's birthday party.  Kate specifically requested a princess tea party this year.  If you would have told me 6 years ago that I'd have a daughter who would want a princess tea party and that I would actually put forth the effort to host one of these, I'd have laughed at you.  How parenting has changed me!


In spite of a quick thunderstorm towards the beginning of the party that forced me to alter my outdoor plans, things went well.  No one broke any fancy dishes, only one kid cried (and it wasn't Kate), and there were plenty of extra desserts for our family to continue eating for several days.



A big thanks goes out to my parents who took time out of their busy retirement schedules (literally) and came down to help out from Saturday through Monday.  Without them this party wouldn't have happened, or Matt and I would have gotten a lot less sleep :)


A big thanks also goes out to the awesome dads who ran around with the kids when the sun came out (and put them up on the tree stump).

No comments: