Thursday, June 27, 2013

Field Trip Thursday

Last week on Thursday the kids and I did our first summer field trip to Aztalan State Park.  We did our best to prepare for the trip in terms of learning about the site before we went, but the girls and I decided that the outing was a bit of a bust until our family made the most of it, then it was a hit :)

Here's a few highlights ...

The girls climbed to the top of the tallest mound built about 1000 years ago by the Native Americans.


We visited with a group of college kids doing some a summer archeological course on the site.


We saw the rebuilt stockade sections that would have surrounded the original Indian village.


After pushing Ethan around in the stroller while the girls and I looked, here's how we found him.  (Don't worry; I moved him to a more comfortable sleeping position.)


The museum we were hoping to visit after lunch, and which was supposed to be open according to the signs, was closed.


So we went to a park in Lake Mills and bought some strawberries from a farm stand.


Then the girls played on some park benches for awhile.


Hopefully our next Field Trip Day will go well, too.  As the girls will tell you, our word of the summer is "flexibility"!

No comments: