I don't have all of the numbers to share how she met her goals, but just know that she rocked it. In addition to improving her strength, balance, and stamina, Anna also was able to incorporate music into her daily/weekly routines at CI to continue to improve her fine motor skills.
Anna's therapists often worked on several skills at once ... sitting posture, balance, finger coordination, etc.
Some oral motor skills were also included into the schedule. As of now, Anna is signed up to play the flute in band in 6th grade. We've already had discussions with her about where she wants to put her effort and energy this year, so we'll see how long this particular activity lasts.
The other awesome part of this summer's CI program was that Anna needed ZERO hydrocortisone during the entire month. Again, this milestone doesn't mean as much to others as it does to Matt and me, but we will rejoice that Anna's body seems to have finally overcome her dependence on steroids due to it's adrenal insufficiency.
Ethan and Kate needed some recovery time at the beginning of the week after their eventful camp weekends, but bounced back and were able to help me with garden harvesting and preserving a few different days. The food processor is still their favorite way to help, but they also worked on snapping green beans with me on Friday for over an hour. We're definitely in the midst of crazy produce time, but I'm SO glad I opted not to grow sweet corn this year and just purchase it when I have time instead of being restricted to when our crop of corn is ripe.
The most exciting harvest news of the last week is that the peaches are ripe! Yum, yum, yum. It's taken me a few years, but I think I have developed a method for harvesting and preserving them that works well. And, the fresh peaches are SO good.
One day last week, Ethan, Kate, and I left early to get Anna and made our way to the splash pad in Fitchburg for awhile. It was a little chilly, but they still had fun.
Another day we ran errands for about 3 hours in the morning ... ugh. But then on Thursday we visited the zoo while Anna was still at CI.
Friday was the end of Advance party at CI. Anna made and decorated cookies and a chocolate cake to share with all of the guests :) We always have a delightful time at this event.
And now we're moving into August with all that it brings ... canning season, school preparations, family field trips, etc. Let's hope we all have the strength and stamina to do all of it!




No comments:
Post a Comment