Thursday, January 8, 2009

Growth spurt?

Or maybe just too many holiday treats? Anna had her 18-month check up yesterday and we had guessed that she had grown a bit in the past three months, but I wouldn't have guessed that she gained almost 2 1/2 pounds! Yikes! Here's her official information:

height: 32.5" (73%)
weight: 26 lbs. 6 oz (77%)
head: 48.5 cm (93%)

Before all the snow came I was really working with Anna on walking to and from the house to the garage and other buildings on her own ... and now I know why! No wonder I have bigger biceps than I've ever had in my life! Unfortunately, packed snow and ice aren't the best for a toddler and we've had a few spills and slips that make Anna prefer to be carried.

Besides her statistics, Anna is meeting or exceeding all of her milestones and she's growing and developing perfectly normally. Have I mentioned we love "normal" appointments?

Now if only I could sleep well past 2 a.m. ...

No comments: