Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Recovering

We've been working really hard the past week or so on recovering and returning to normalcy. It's taken awhile, but the girls are finally free of coughs and clear of snot, for the most part. Matt and I are still battling a lingering cough, but we haven't been able to rest nearly as much as Kate and Anna. I ended up with some antibiotics because mine turned into a sinus infection ... yuck.

Anyway, since Matt went back to work last Thursday we've been doing a little bit more each day to get back into summer mode. Thursday the girls and I did a few errands in McFarland, Friday we went to the grocery store, Saturday we went to the local fire department parade, Sunday we did church, and by Monday we were pretty much back to normal.

In addition to leaving the house, I'm having to come to terms with the garden production. Things are being close to out of control ... the tomatoes are ripening with a vengance, the corn is almost ripe, and the zucchini and cucmbers are still in prime production mode. Thankfully we're all healthy enough to be able to deal with harvesting/canning/freezing. It's certainly a lot of work this time of year, but we reap the benefits all winter long :)

Here's a few photos of our silly girls (and some of the garden produce).


Mmmm ... corn on the cob.


Mmm ... more corn on the cob.


I've only dug a few potato plants and most of the potatoes are this size or bigger!

Pigtails! Anna's taking swimming lessons in the evening for the next few weeks so Kate and I had some good, quality time tonight. That kid has a LOT of energy and can be SO silly. (Yes, those are teeth on the top; Kate's tooth count is now up to 5. And yes, that's a big mosquito bite in the middle of her forehead; we do what we can, but still get eaten alive.)

No comments: