Our kids are at a good age right now for Halloween. They enjoy the idea of dressing up, but haven't been exposed to much of the scary stuff yet.
Plus, we've only ever trick-or-treated around our block in the neighborhood and since we go before dinner when it's still light out, half of the people aren't home ... so, they don't end up with too much candy :)
Originally, Anna wanted to be a black cat and Kate wanted to be a ladybug (which would make this the 4th? year in a row for a ladybug). However, as soon as I started making the tail for Anna's costume, Kate changed her mind. No big deal. They were pretty easy to make. Plus, the girls wore them for most of Saturday and had a wonderful time being "Midnight" and "Shadow" around the house :)
Saturday they were part of the McFarland costume parade and then we went to a "Boograss" for books concert. Fun times.
A couple of years ago, I had seen a pregnant lady costume that was simply a pumpkin on a white shirt. I figured that I'd never have an opportunity like this again, so baby boy was my pumpkin and I was the pumpkin smuggler :)
Speaking of baby boy, I'm doing my best to spare those outside of my immediate family the pregnancy complaints. It's just hard to know how to answer when someone asks me "How are you feeling?" How about "about 8 months pregnant"? As my doctor has told me, there is nothing really remarkable about my pregnancy, which is a very good thing. However, that doesn't change the fact that I am 8 months pregnant and feel that way most of the time. Plus, this baby is very strong and very active. Thankfully, his most active times are during the day, so at least I'm not kept awake too much by his movements. I was resting the other evening after the girls were in bed and Matt was able to watch my belly literally jump and move for about 40 minutes. Crazy stuff.
I've been having to tell the girls lately that there are some things that I just can't do anymore (bend over and pick up lots of toys, sit down easily on the floor, etc.) Anna understands things pretty well, but Kate doesn't quite get it. If she doesn't want to put on her shoes, she'll tell me "But I can't do it; it's hurts my body!" :)
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment