Last night went as well as can be expected for a little girl who just had brain surgery.
Anna was brought back to the room before she was awakened so Matt and I were the first faces she saw when she woke up. She was doing well enough that the doctors decided to extubate her last night instead of keeping her sedated overnight. Once the breathing tube was out, Anna was responsive and able to talk to us a little bit.
She complained of her stomach hurting overnight some, but the anti-nausea medicine seemed to help her out with that.
This morning Anna had a follow-up MRI done. We will probably get the results back later this afternoon.
The next step for Miss Anna is getting some calories and nutrition in her system so that she can heal from the surgery and build up some strength. There are a few options regarding her nutritional component and we'll know more later today about how everyone will proceed with that.
Thanksgiving prayers
Anna's nausea subsided overnight and her pain seems to be under control.
I was able to sleep decently last night so I feel a bit more like I can function today.
The other kids are heading over here to the hospital this afternoon so that I can spend some time with them.
Prayer requests
Please pray that Anna stays comfortable and calm.
Please pray that the course of action regarding Anna's nutrition is clear and effective.
Please continue to pray for Kate and Ethan as life is pretty disruptive for them these days.
Please continue to pray for strength and wisdom for Matt and me.
We will be using our church to coordinate our family's non-medical needs. I will post the email address and/or phone number of the woman in charge once I've had a chance to work some things out with her.
Thank you again for all of your thoughts and prayers.
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You are prayed for often throughout the day and when I wack up at night. Thank you for taking the time to updates us.
Please know that there are hundreds of prayer warriors praying for the entire family. Anna is a determined little girl and she will fight hard. God Bless all of you.
Deb
Kate had a very good day yesterday at preschool. I was blessed to spend some time with her.
Praying like crazy for you guys! Thanks for the updates. Glad you were able to get some sleep last night! Of course let us know if you need anything.
Praying for all of you.
Post a Comment