One of the bad parts has been Kate's fussiness. This week was a relatively crabby one for her during which she wasn't really happy unless she was being held or sleeping. However, a good part is that she's started smiling! I got a few real ones on Monday, but then not many more throughout the week because of her crankiness. Matt finally got to see several today (on Father's Day of all days)!Another bad part was that I got a pretty bad migraine on Monday night and Tuesday. The good about this, though, was that I got to renew my prescription for Imitrex, which I'm not allowed to take while pregnant. Imitrex does wonders! Another good aspect was that Matt was able to take the day off as a sick day and have some special time with Anna :)
Unfortunately, summer had hit with a vengance these past few days with major thunderstorms and highs predicted in the 90s (after a relatively cool and calm spring). The good part about all the hot weather, though, is that Anna gets to play in the water again. She LOVES running through the sprinkler. She was even invited over to neighbor Carly's house yesterday afternoon to play in Carly's sprinkler. What fun they had!Bad again ... I had a dentist appointment on Thursday morning. Nobody likes the dentist :( The good part was that Matt took the morning off to watch Anna (I didn't feel like trying to handle a newborn and an almost 2-year-old while at the dentist).
We decided to go strawberry picking before my appointment and had a great time. Anna ate her fair share of strawberries and we froze about 4 1/2 gallons of yummy strawberries. Here's Anna showing off her strawberry filled stomach, her red face and hands, and the strawberry trail down her shirt :)
Another bad ... Anna's been a bit "kid deprived" since Kate was born, simply because it's summer and we're not doing nearly as much out of the house. However, we've been able to see a lot of neighbor Carly and her family. Not only did Anna get to play in the sprinkler with her, but we also met up with them at a local farm breakfast on Saturday. Here's Anna, Carly, and Carly's mom, Jenny.All in all, a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment