
Everyone was ready for church a bit early on Sunday so Matt and Anna took an extended tour of the yard before getting in the van. Here's Anna in one of her new dresses (also from garage sales).
Anna loves all the flowers in the yard and knows the names of many of them, including peonies, alysum, pansies, daisies, yarrow, begonia, asparagus ferns, and irises. Most she'll even say on her own and with relatively decent pronunciation ;) She's also well versed in the vegetable plants and fruit trees around the yard.
Kate's working pretty hard on smiling these days. I think we've gotten a few real ones, but never long enough to capture with the camera. I'm sure it will happen one day. In the meantime, here's some of her silly newborn faces.

I chose not to put the extreme close-up crying ones online :) Instead, here's a pretty goofy look she was giving on Sunday night. And yes, I think there really are three chins in the picture. I weighed Kate on Friday with the kitchen scale and I'm pretty sure she's pushing 10 1/2 pounds, probably more by now.
Last night I asked Anna if she'd like to hold Kate and Anna sounded pretty excited about it. We sat together for about 10 minutes with Anna talking constantly about Kate. I think this picture is of her tickling Kate's toes, but I can't remember all that Anna was saying at the time.

We've taken to putting Kate in Anna's crib with her sometimes when Anna wakes up in the morning so that the girls can say good morning to each other. Anna absolutely loves the experience and will often ask for it when she wakes up. Kate also seems to enjoy this special time with her sister and will calm down almost immediately if she's been fussy if she's right there with Anna. This morning Anna was especially sweet and lay down with Kate and talked to her for about 10 minutes before I convinced her that she needed to get up and get dressed.
No comments:
Post a Comment