Here's the current face Anna gives when we ask her to smile for the camera ...

Hmmm ... we've gotta work on this.
Along those lines, I tried doing a photo shoot with Anna and Kate the other day for some Father's Day pictures. Yeah ... they didn't cooperate too well. And these are the "good" pictures.



On a different note, we tried camping in our yard with the girls on Sunday night. That was certainly an adventure :) Actually, Anna has been asking for awhile now to camp outside. Since Matt and I did plenty of camping before kids, we knew we'd like to do it eventually with the girls so we decided to give it a try.
We all thought it would best to try in our own backyard first and it turns out that was a wise idea. After trying various methods unsuccessfully for about an hour to get Kate asleep, we gave up with her and put her in her crib. But Matt, Anna, and I camped out in the tent the rest of the night. We're pretty sure that Anna has a good memory of the experience, but I don't think she got a lot of good sleep. We learned the hard way that the birds wake up in our neighborhood at about 4:30 a.m. and are REALLY, REALLY loud. The three of us were up for good at that point. I went inside to try and get a bit more sleep before Kate woke up, which turned out to be pretty pointless because Kate was up around 5:15 or 5:30.
So we all went outside, watched the sunrise, had an early breakfast, and the girls and I were out of the house by 7:30 to go to the grocery store. We stayed outside for a little while once we got home, but Anna told me she wanted to play inside around 10. When I checked on her a few minutes later, she was curled up on her bed sound asleep :) We're all fairly well recovered now, but were certainly tired on Monday.
This week had been music camp at our church. Thankfully, it didn't start until Tuesday, after everyone had a good night's sleep in their own beds. This is Anna's second year participating and she seems to be having a great time. She's much more open with me this year about what things she did during the morning. I'm helping out two days and the other two mornings are special Kate and Mommy times :) We're extraordinarily blessed to have such a rich music environment at our church in addition to all of the other faith centered experiences.
The construction here seems to be progressing quickly and smoothly. We now have four basement walls drying for awhile before the next round of workers come through. The girls and I had a fun time learning all about footings, forms, and cement mixers over the course of last week :)

One final sweet story. A couple of weeks ago Anna had a playdate with Eli and I didn't get this full story of this conversation until last week. David, Eli's dad, told me that somehow the two kids were having a chat about friends. This led to them telling each other that they were glad to have the other as a friend and how much they loved each other and how they were really, really good friends. It sounded pretty sweet. For some reason, Anna and Eli get along really well together (usually). If you know their personalities at all, this is a somewhat surprising match, but it's fun for now :)
We look forward to another round of fun summertime experiences coming up next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment