The weekend ended on Monday night with the actual trick-or-treating. We went around with a few of our neighbors and the rest on our "block" finally figured out after about three years now that there is a group of kids coming around, so many of the older people were home :) I think our little group was the only one visiting many of the homes.
This year Anna was a ladybug and Kate wanted to be Lightning McQueen. In case you're keeping tabs, this is the third year running for one of the girls to be a ladybug, although this is a new-to-us costume. My favorite part of Anna's costume was the aphids that we glued to her glove so she could snack on them whenever she wanted :)
Before our house was inundated with more candy, we had to come up with a creative way to finally get rid of some the candy the girls had gotten at a parade in September; we're just not really big candy people. So Anna and Kate spent a good part of Saturday afternoon unwrapping and gluing various pieces of candy onto some paper for us to use as Halloween decorations. I couldn't believe how into this activity they both were!

We also spent some of Saturday afternoon carving one of our white pumpkins that we grew this year. Did you know that white pumpkins are still orange on the inside? We were very curious to find out if it was white or not!

The girls had more fun running around than watching Matt do the carving this year.
On a completely different note, Kate is still working on the transition to life without a pacifier. Overall things have gone very well, but there have definitely been some challenges, most notably Kate's inability to sleep in past 6 a.m. She's taken a few naps, and has also skipped some naps, but we anticipated that both the early rising and skipping naps might happen. The hardest is when they happen on the same day :( Oh, well.Tomorrow is my first parent-teacher conference as a parent. I feel like I should know what to expect, but in reality I don't think I do :)
No comments:
Post a Comment