As the snow melts here, our "second" driveway next to the garage usually turns into a nice, soupy mudhole. Kate labeled it "stickamagoo" last week and one afternoon after preschool the girls and I ended up playing out there for a good hour or so. Their boots and pants were quite muddy afterwards, but it was worth it :)

Matt and I had a moment tonight where we realized just how much Anna is growing up. She was invited to go to a neighbor's gym class tonight as part of their bring-a-friend night. Carly's mom, Jenny, offered to give Anna a ride. Anna's done a variety of activities on her own in the past year, but for some reason this one just felt different. When she got back, I asked what she wanted for her dinner, she chose pb and j, and then said "Mom, can I make it myself?" So she did.
Kate, although she is growing up more and more every day, is still our little girl :) She's had a harder time leaving Anna at preschool again recently. Last week one day she said "I don't like leaving Anna at preschool. She's my favorite friend." It's true. These two are virtually inseparable most of the time.
Kate also has a pretty strong bond with Shadow, although we don't know that the feelings are reciprocal. More so than Anna ever has, Kate seems to care a lot for Shadow and really enjoys cuddling with her as much as Shadow will let her.

On a grown-up note, I helped organize a bake sale at our church on Sunday to raise funds for our Bible Study nursery fund. We are SO blessed to have such a wonderful church family. We had such generous donations from bakers as well as people who bought the baked goods. And Matt was amazing, too, single-parenting for most of our Sunday morning church routine :)
No comments:
Post a Comment