January 17, 2019
Dear Anna,
Today was a better day than yesterday. Yesterday I was really mad and really sad
about all of the friends that I felt like I “lost” because of your death. I’m going to miss my therapy friends and my
hospital friends.
And the sun was even shining! But I had what was probably my worst day in
awhile.
I’m glad that I have lived enough life to know that I will
get through this, too. In fact, because
of all of the crap that happened in 2014, I know that I will adjust. I will make new friends. I will continue friendships with others. Things will change, but we are resilient
people.
I took a page from your book and tried to find things to be
thankful for yesterday. Here’s what I
came up with … church and church friends, no migraines, massages, resilient
kids, good memories.
Once I figured out why I was so sad, I decided to find ways to fill in some of the holes in my life.
It’s the weekend and daytime holes that are the hardest right now. So we found some fun things for your siblings
to do in the coming weeks and I’m working on building up my repertoire of
daytime friends.
We will adjust. There
will be good days and hard days. But
I’ll enjoy the good days for what they are and give myself grace on the bad
ones.
Yesterday ended well because we received a pile of cards
again along with an awesome package from my cousin, Natalie. She went back through our blog and found some
of our favorite family things to send us.
It was incredibly thoughtful, practical, and meaningful at the end of
the day I experienced.
Today was good because I make a batch of waffles to
freeze. I didn’t even tear up when I
thought about how much you liked them.
But I still had that thought.
I also finally took down most of the Christmas decorations. And I had another massage. And Megan and I are going to a concert
tonight.
I really am surrounded by good people. And I thank God for that. And I thank you for helping me to develop
some of these relationships during the last 11 years so that they can help
sustain me.
Jesus loves you and so do we.
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment